Committees and Council
There are a number of committees and governance groups for graduate students to get involved with on campus. The list below is not exhaustive, but does encompass areas where the URGSA encourages graduate students to be active participants in institutional decision making processes.
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research Faculty Council
The Council meets bi-monthly to deliberate on Faculty specific issues.
- Natasha Gallant, Khaleel Soomro, Kelsey Marchand, Rubina Khanam
Terms of reference, minutes, and definitions are available on the University of Regina Council site. Elections for Council are currently held annually during the URSU general election in March. The URGSA Executive is charged with appointing graduate student Council Members to sub-committees.
- Members: Natasha Gallant, Rubina Khanam, Firuz Philip, Khaleel Soomro
Executive of Council is a smaller elected body of University Council with a more frequent meeting schedule to handle delegated responsibilities. Students must be elected specifically to Executive of Council to be a member through the URSU general elections and automatically become members of University Council.
- Council Committee on Academic Mission - Rubina Khanam
- Council Committee on Budget - Khaleel Soomro, Kelsey Marchand
- Council Committee on Research - Natasha Gallant
- Council Committee on Student Appeals - Firuz Philip
- Council Discipline Committee - Firuz Philip
Terms of reference, minutes, and definitions are available on the University of Regina Senate site. Elections for Senate are currently held annually during the URSU general election in March. Graduate student sub-committee appointments are made by the URGSA Executive.
Sub-Committees of Senate
- Senate Appeals Committee - Firuz Philip, Natasha Gallant