GSA TRAVEL AWARD
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) Travel Awards are to assist Master’s and Ph.D. students with costs associated with travel for presentations of paper, posters, or other creative work pertinent to their studies.
Approved events include conferences, major festivals or other artistic events sponsored by recognized national or international organizations.
Applications for travel funds are assessed and awarded twice per year, after the travel, by means of a Travel Awards competition. Applicants who receive funding are asked to acknowledge the support of the Graduate Students’ Association (GSA).
Deadlines for application: November 30, for events scheduled from May 1 - November 15; May 15 deadline for events attended from November 16 to April 30.
Value: up to $500
Application Process: Only one application per competition will be accepted.
Submit the Application for GSA Graduate Student Travel Award and attach the following additional information:
1. Proof that a paper/poster was accepted for presentation at a conference/festival/competition;
2. A one page abstract of the paper/poster/creative work presented;
3. A detailed list of expenses - economy air fare, mileage, hotel, food;
4. Photocopies of receipts to show proof of attendance (i.e. hotel, air fare/boarding pass/food);
5. Statement demonstrating financial need.
UAll required documentation must be submitted with the application to be eligible for this competition. If applicants are equally qualified, preference will be given to students who are registered full-time, and have demonstrated financial need.
- At the time of attendance at the event, the student must have been in good standing, enrolled and registered in a graduate program at the University of Regina;
- The student must have presented a paper, poster, or other creative work;
- The conference/event must be relevant to the student’s program;
- The student’s Academic Unit supports this application (signatures required);
- Preference will be given to those demonstrating financial need;
- Students may not receive this funding more than once at the Master’s level or more than twice at the Ph.D. level.
Please return the completed application form to email@example.com